Have you been thinking about adding a dog to the family but unsure which breed is for you? If so, you should consider a golden retriever 🐕
1. 🐾 Golden Retrievers consistently rank among the top 3 most popular dogs in the U.S.
Their position may fluctuate, but Goldens are among the most popular dogs in the U.S. due to their sociable nature, love of people, loyalty and trainability.
2. 🐾 Goldens make great family dogs.
Golden Retrievers are very pack oriented. They just love hanging out with the people who make up their “family.”
3. 🐾 They are excellent hunting companions.
Golden Retrievers were first developed to retrieve fowl for hunters at the Scottish estate of Sir Dudley Majoribanks, later to be known as Lord Tweedmouth.
4. 🐾 Goldens are simply gorgeous!
Combine a statuesque build with a lustrous coat in all shades of gold, a well-groomed Golden is a sight to behold.
5. 🐾 They are natural athletes.
Their broad heads, powerful necks, and muscular bodies make them extremely strong and highly energetic. But all this athleticism means Golden Retrievers need exercise—and lots of it—on a daily basis.
6. 🐾 They have a long life span.
With a life span of 12-14 years, Goldens are companions that will be around for you to enjoy for a long time.
7. 🐾 Goldens love to swim.
Most Golden retrievers love the water and thoroughly enjoy playing water games.
8. 🐾 They are easy to train.
So easy, in fact, that they are a popular choice for movies and TV shows.
9. 🐾 They make great therapy and service dogs.
Partly because they are so highly trainable, Goldens are used as guide dogs, hearing dogs, medical alert dogs and much more.
10. 🐾 They make outstanding search and rescue dogs.
Thanks to their intelligence and their sharp sense of smell, Golden Retrievers excel in search and rescue operations and as therapy or guide dogs.
Would you like to have one in your family?